how to import daily meteorological data

Discussion forum for MUSIC (Model for Urban Stormwater and Improvement Conceptualisation), stormwater and water sensitive urban design modelling software

Moderators: ericktomaliwan, ashis, GeoffDavis, mircea

how to import daily meteorological data

Postby zhp2success@126.com » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi
I am a new hand in MUSIC learning.
Now I encountered a problem with importing daily meteorological data.
Though I have read the section 3.4 "Meteorological Data" of User Manual, I couldn't find the method of converting .xlsx document into the correct formats.
Could you please send me some examples of meteorological data in txt format?
zhp2success@126.com

Re: how to import daily meteorological data

Postby music@e2designlab.com.au » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:27 am

Zhu,
Try 'Getting started with MUSIC - Meteorological data' in the MUSIC manual. There is a list of data formats with examples. It is probably easiest to save the data from excel as *.csv. Essentially you need two columns, datetime and data with one header line separated by a comma. I suggest importing just a year to start with and check the data is contiguous (no gaps) and has all valid numerical data.

If you have difficulty, eWater support are usually more than happy to help new users get started.

I appreciate you may only have daily data available in your location but otherwise would strongly encourage the use of sub-daily data wherever possible for greatly improved accuracy of results in most situations.

Regards,

Dale
music@e2designlab.com.au

Return to MUSIC